How many times did it happen to you to arrive to the end of the bay and see something … a cave, another inlet, a particular rock … but you couldn’t go there except by swimming?
So, you jumped into the water and started exploring caves with a fantastic sea, indescribable stretches of coast and swimming in crystal clear waters…You have done coasteering!
Infact, coasteering consists of going along a stretch of sea coast to reach inaccessible points, such as cliffs, rocky ledges, caves, gullies, without the use of boats or ropes, climbing, swimming, running on slopes and diving from rocks and then go up again.
HOW IT WORKS
Orienteering consists in carrying out a predefined route, characterized by check points called “lanterns”, with the only help of a compass and a topographical map containing details of the place to be covered.
Basing on the route conditions and on your fitness level, a guide defines the itinerary and the supposed duration.
You’ll meet at the meeting point about 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time for a briefing. The guide will explain the characteristics of the coast and what you can see there.
WHEN TO GO
Preferably in the summer, when bathing will be a relief from the heat.
40 % – 80 %
DOCUMENTS AND REQUIREMENTS
- The basic condition, besides being curious and wanting to explore, is knowing how to swim and having good mobility abilities.
- It’s a sport for everyone and for all levels, and the guide will also evaluate your level, just be aware that you’re going to walk a lot 😉
- No previous experience is required. The instructor will explain everything you need to know about the safety and use of the equipment before starting the activity.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- Do not do this activity under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
The necessary equipment to do the activity is provided by the sport center:
- wetsuit and gloves (for cold but also to limit scratches and stings)
- life jacket
- shoes, with good grip on wet rocks and a good drying speed
Wear a swimsuit under your wetsuit.