Christmas holidays on the snow? How to prepare a snow-proof suitcase
Christmas holidays on the snow? Here’s how to prepare a snow-proof suitcase, with everything you need not to freeze during outdoor activities.
When you think of snow, besides skiing, snowmobiling, snow-kiting, etc… don’t you think of the cold too?
I have chills just thinking about it 🥶
During outdoor activities, the sports center provides the necessary equipment for your comfort and safety.
In places where “reinforced” equipment is needed, such as Svalbard, Canada, Finland, Norway, they also provide that, such as:
- a ski suit, complete with overalls and anorak
- snow gloves or mittens
- padded boots
In any case, I recommend to wear layers of clothes and leave cotton clothing at home.
So what do you need to bring in your suitcase?
In addition to your personal effects, here is the list of essential items not to forget when you leave for a wonderful winter trip.
Whether you go to some destination in northern Europe, or Canada or Italy and Switzerland, organize your suitcase well to fully enjoy all the sporting and adventurous outdoor activities you will experience: snowmobiling, snowshoeing in the woods, or sleddog, or even a night in an igloo 😉
Here is our list:
- Wool or fleece sweaters
- Turtleneck or long-sleeved shirts, preferably thermal
- Winter jacket, preferably ski or equivalent
- Warm and close-fitting underwear
- Warm and comfortable pants (jeans or other cotton pants are not recommended)
- Ski pants (or equivalent, warm and waterproof)
- Warm woolen socks
- Scarf and wool hat
- Ski gloves
- Battery / Torch
- Swimsuit (for a dip in the frozen lake! I’m kidding, it’s just for the sauna)
- Sunglasses (if the sun is shining, the glare on the snow can be annoying)
- Ski goggles
- Balaclava (can be useful on colder days, but also as an under-helmet for snowmobile excursions)
If you’re curious, don’t hesitate to contact us to help you organize you custom tour, in line with your interests, suited to your physical preparation and your desire for adrenaline.
Get ready to live YOUR personal adventure in the world!
Just click here to set up a free phone call with one of our Travel Designers.